That’s right, after nearly (and sadly) a year, the anticipated release of MCprep is out! It packs a whole lot of new features and many behind the scene structural changes. There’s some great new features as well as new mobs and blocks included.
New workflow: Skin swapping
See above for two of the added rigs, the Blaze and the Shulker! There were also several updates for consistency and general improvement to other rigs, including a re-vamped skeleton rig and wolf rig, among others. Be sure to thank the contributors for these awesome rigs.
Full v3.0.0 Change log
- Complete code rewrite, which will allow for easier continued development and expansion
- Added completely new Skin Swapping workflow
- Operator to one-click apply a new skin to a selected rig from an image file. Works on the selected armature or objects
- Operator to download a username’s skin and apply it to a selected rig. Works on the selected armature or objects
- Built in list of stored skins for quick re-applying in the future, with the ability to add or remove from this list or select a new folder of skins.
- Comes with a few skins out of the box
- Note: Only compatible with Minecraft 1.8+ skins, in the future an auto conversion will be developed for older skin formats.
- Retopologized and optimized the Fancy Feet Rig/Player Rig, now has an even pixel grid for easy extruding/face deletion
- Added additional meshswap blocks
- Added additional mobs to the mob spawner, including the Shulker and Blaze
- New utility functions:
- Improve UI: changes viewport settings optimal for Minecraft rendering
- Combine materials: If there are duplicates of the same material name (e.g. after consecutive world imports or rig appends), this operator will consolidate them down to the lowest number of materials
- Combine images: Similarly, if there are duplicates of the same image name (i.e. image, image.001, etc), this operator will consolidate the datablocks into the lowest number of unique image base names. *Only available with blender 2.78+*.
Save time and get MCprep for yourself!
For more usage instructions, see the readme page. See the listing of all previous releases and artwork here. So you know how it took nearly a full year to release this update? Consider helping out by donating so that more dedicated time can be spent bringing MCprep to the next level.