On Saturday, February 25th I hosted a workshop in Boston!
Python and Blender Workshop Details
In this workshop, participants will learn the basics of how to use python to control blender and improve the way they do their work. Blender makes it very easy to automate tasks expand its out-of-the-box functionality. Knowing how to use scripting can take your artwork and animation to the next level, allowing you to focus less on the repetitive tasks and more on the things that matter.
Recording Playback and Downloadables
Note able to make it in person? See the materials here
This workshop will cover a few basics:
- How actions in blender translate to commands
- Basics of using the interactive python console
- Creating macro-like scripts using the info window
- Difference between an addon and a script
- Using frame change handlers to animate text
Original workshop details and meetup page
Past Python Scripting Projects
For a sample of some of my past work with blender’s scripting in python, see the below
- Blenderguru: Pro Lighting Studio & Pro Lighting Skies
- Theory Studios: In house solutions and project tool development
- “Man in the High Castle” Season 2: pipeline tools for rendering, layer management, and motion capture
- Self-updating addon module (Collaboration with CGCookie)
- The MCprep addon, creating efficient workflow for Minecraft-related rendering and animation
Want to learn more?
See this Lynda.com complete course on getting up and running with Python and Blender.